Tuesday, September 27, 2016

There are new kids on the block.

 If you go to Renniger's in Mt Dora there is a perfect little village of buildings filled with antiques.  One of our favorite shops to visit was called "Better With Age."
 The owner of the shop was such a wonderful decorator and given that she wouldn't allow photography.  I certainly understood and so I was limited to the delightful gardens she had created outside her shop.  She kept them pristine and they beckoned  you to come inside. So there is something to be said about first appearances.
From bubbling fountains,  and rust touched  sconces and fences and tin panels on the building , birdcages that hang in the trees each filled with ferns and flowers perfectly placed so it looks like a well thought out garden created to give a sensory pleasing visual for those of us who enjoy the use of found objects.  If you peeked inside just beyond the open door to the porch you could see stain glass windows hanging and potting benches and more fountains with soothing sounds of water .  I always came away thinking what a fabulous place this would be in my own back yard and if I ever did do a she shed it would be such as this.
 Much like every visit before we left the  treasure filled field of dreams and heat to head to the village to visit this shop.  It always felt cooler in the shade of this garden but what was on the inside was not only pleasing to me but filled with everything a man would enjoy.
 This trip we found that the shop was under new ownership and called Ageless Antiques and Gardens.  The owner was happy to allow me to take pictures of the shop.  I only wish I had brought my camera so I could offer pictures better than those from my cellphone. 
 As you can see the fabulous strong pieces of  furniture perfect for any man's den or library.  You can almost smell the sweet aroma of a pipe and hear the crackle of a fire.  
 This shop is filled with treasures a man would love and a woman would enjoy working into the home.  The perfect win win for couples.
 Saddles, lassos, antlers, deer and fish mounts, vintage lures, pheasants, ducks and even a snakeskin are among just a few of the items so artfully displayed. 

With that said I was always inspired by this trim board of vintage lures thinking it perfect for over the window in my own fishing captain's man cave.



As luck would have it I have lost the business card that held the new owners names but I do wish you much success, Ageless Antiques and Gardens.  Your shop is amazing!


6 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are making me want to go back to Mt Dora!
Hope you are enjoying glamping...sure you are.
Take care,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

These antique pieces can do wonders to the residential interior design of any home. Truly marvelous!

Swapna madhuri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana Sebastian said...

Wooooo so nice. I love your style and det beautiful photos.






~Dana@Haus Immobilier

Mahesh said...

Wonderful information, thanks. Stumble
Facebook
Twitter

UplayOnline said...

sure you are.
Take care,


ทางบ้าน