Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Tour First Impressions

 The Eufaula Alabama Tour of Homes has come and gone for another year.    Our home was on the tour this year and and I can tell you that it is a sweet event as the days of laboring are over and you are rewarded by hearing the tourist complements and enjoyment from being in your home.  My favorite complement was from a lady who said that she could just live on our front porch as this too had been the soul reason of my enchantment with our home.   
 I could look past the chippy paint and just see years of sipping ice tea and swinging on this delightful porch with all of its charm.
We dressed the porch up with ribbons and roses and soft twinkling lights that you could hear the traffic slow when plugging them in at dusk.
 The garland was really the only area that I splurged a bit this year knowing that I would enjoy its beauty for years to come.  I purchased just the topper from Robyn Story Designs in Tampa FL.  Robyn has become a great friend and brilliant resource for creativity, inspiration and beautiful ideas.  If you are ever in Tampa make sure you visit her beautiful store.    My wonderful friend Marie then  helped me complete the garland strands for around the front door.  That girl can make some ribbon and bows sing and I don't know what I would have done without her.  Another friend Kathleen loaned me her extra bulbs and decorations and another friend, Margaret loaned me some of her poinsettas.  I am blessed to have such amazing friends and I love them all dearly! 

 To me it's how you feel when you are greeted at the door and this charming Santa helped me welcome our guests.   One day as I was coming home my neighbor greeted me and told me how he had been cleaning our their attic and found something that he thought we might like.  He had place a black trash bag on our tractor seat in the garage and  he assured me that it would not hurt their feelings if I just wanted to toss it.   My grandchildren were visiting that day and so I was slow to get to the trashbag.   The next day when I finally remembered  I ran out to get it and shouted with excitement as I pulled out  Jolly Old St Nick out of the black trash bag.  I knew right away where he would go.
So just like Santa I am relaxing and enjoying my surroundings today, but I think the both of us had better get busy with getting the gifts now.  So come on old boy, let's get moving!

Today I am joining Susan's party for Met Monday.

11 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, and I'd much rather tour an old beauty like yours than a brand new home. LOVE and adore your front porch swing with Santa!

dizzyizzy said...

This is so beautiful. I love it. You did an amazing job.

Carolyn said...

I would love to have been able to go on your house tour!!!
The porch is beautiful ~ no wonder you fell in love with it.

Santa looks pretty relaxed there on your swing, I can understand that he
would not want to leave.

Enjoy all your hard work!
Carolyn

NanaDiana said...

OMGoodness! It is absolutely enchanting! I love it from the sweet garland to the Santa. What a wonderful porch. I wish I could see it in person- xo Diana

Carol said...

Simply charming.

Heaven's Walk said...

Well, that lady who wants to live on your porch is going to have some competition! I want to live there, too! lol It's all so very beautiful! Rich, luxurious, sweet, and oh so welcoming! Superb job!!!

xoox laurie

Linda said...

What a beautiful thing your friends and neighbour did! And, it was wonderful that you agreed to have your home included on the tour. I loved your story. Merry Christmas!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh Goodness! Your house is amazing! It reminds me of my Great Aunt Carrie's house in Harrison, Arkansas. Her house has a porch that goes 3/4 of the way around the house. I've spent many a summer playing on that porch and thinking how grand it would to have a porch like that! You've done a beautiful job decorating your porch. Stunning! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! Feel free to share this post or any other at my Make it Pretty Monday party which is currently live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/12/make-it-pretty-monday-week-79.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

allisamazing said...

I love the look of the ribbons and roses - it is so beautiful and your santa is adorable! What a delightful gift.

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Your home is just beautiful !!! I loved it all. EVERY single detail. YOU are blessed my friend. JUST beautiful . HUGS . I saw your blog at another friends blog and thought I would check it out. GLAD that I did . xoxox HUGS and Wishes for a beautiful blessed holiday season with your family

Unknown said...

You have the most beautiful house. It's exactly like my dream house. I would love to have one just like yours.

I can imagine myself sitting in the swing with a good book, my dog staring at me and enjoying the view.

Enjoy your life in this wonderful house.

Sincerely,


Lyne