Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture and The Prairie Bed &Breakfast.

 Some people talk about their dreams and their one day plans and some people go into action and actually bring their dreams to life.  This would be well said of Rachel Ashwell's  newest adventure as well as her life.    She sets a plan and a goal in place and then goes after it with passion.   Her latest dreams completion is, The Prairie Bed and Breakfast and the opening of yet another beautiful Shabby Chic Couture shoppe on the property of her ranch in Round Top Texas of which I had the pleasure and I do mean pleasure of visiting.
 Sometimes all you have to do is take pictures and  let them speak for themselves which is what I think will work just fine for this post.   Filled full of beautiful things, the shop is perfectly ready for the guests that will be coming to Round Top/ Warrington/ famous Flea Market and Antique week.  
 On September the 27th at 6 p.m. there will be a book signing of Rachel's latest book and store opening. Having been to her store opening in London  I can tell you it will be a very special evening.   I wish that I could be there but I was blessed to have been able to visit The Prairie this week.  
 You will find the shelves are filled and waiting for visitors to make that bed of their own as beautiful as any one of the beds the sleepy guests of the Prairie slips in to at night.   
 Isn't the lavender big cushy chair wonderful?   I know my daughter has placed this on her wish list.
 Like me and so many that will grace the doors of this beautiful place you will walk away with many Shabby Chic Inspirations!
 From the linens to the lamps.....
 Did I mention the linens.......ahhhhh....the linens!
 Who ever dreamed that Rustic could ever be so beautifully inviting and the Chippy so sweet?
 You simply will not want to miss this visual treat and if you are lucky enough to stay in the B&B...You are lucky enough!
 The Prairie Bed and Breakfast would be a wonderful place to escape to for a honeymoon or for some re-kindling.
 My husband found this place to be equally as wonderful as I did.    But then again,  he is pretty wonderful for taking me here to visit and one day I do hope to come back as a guest.  However, with the visiting of The Prairie and the leaving I came away with renewed passion to get on with completing our plans of a Bed and Breakfast for The Shabby Old House.  


Once again Rachel....YOU INSPIRE ME!   

18 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You are one lucky girl!! I would love to visit the Prairie< what a wonderful place....Hope all is well with you and your family!
Hugs~Kelly

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I had the special honor of being invited this last Spring for an exclusive tour and I can't wait to go back next week for a bloggers luncheon. Her new store is what I've been waiting to see. Hope you enjoyed yourself in Texas. Will you still be there this week for the shows?

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Here is the info. you just asked for. Darrold owns the Tree Park Antiques Show and his RV spaces are also there: http://www.showdaily.us/Warrenton.cfm?location=TreePark&head=Tree+Park+Field

We used to stay with him, but I've been renting an apartment in the field next to me and it's so easy to just walk there in the evenings. Of course he was only a minute down the road. That's the best RV part to stay in. You do know that the shows all start at different dates and there were already vendors set up this past weekend :) The site above will also give you all the show info. you could ever need to know.

maría cecilia said...

This is great to see so many wonderful pictures of Rachel´s B&B, thank you for this inspiration and my best wishes for your own B&B!!!
hugs

NanaDiana said...

OMGoodness! I would have felt like I died and went to Shabby Heaven. Don't you LOVE IT? I always wanted to have a Bed & Breakfast and we came very close at one time..but I got talked out of it. I think it is wonderful that you were able to see the place up close and personal. It does make for dreaming, doesn't it? I'd say YOU were lucky enough! xo Diana

A Wild Thing said...

Ahhh, to see the Queen's work first hand, she is the best and what fun shots you got to thrill us all, lucky girl...some day...sigh!!!

sharon

Kathy said...

Oh my - the shop looks dreamy! And the opportunity to stay in that B & B - a dream come true! So amazing - thanks for sharing - definitely on my list now!
God Bless,
Kathy

June said...

Oh thank you, thank you for taking us along Becky! What a great post. This would be a dream to be able to be a guest here. And when you make a B&B out of the shabby old house it will be just as beautiful I'm sure!
hugs

Leah - The Inside Story said...

What a lovely post. Your pictures are beautiful. How lucky of you to go there. Absolutely full of inspiration. Thank-you for such an inspiring post. Leahx

d e l i g h t said...

What a wonderful experience this must have been! I love Rachel Ashwell and her style...it changed my life! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a great weekend!

Just A Girl said...

Hello Becky,
It seems like a eternity since we've visited...or blogged ;-o. But I saw a new post in my side bar so had to pop over.
Rachel's new store looks truly amazing and yes, you are blessed, to have been able to visit. What a guy you have.

xoxo Cori

Honey at 2805 said...

What a lovely visit! So happy you had a great time in Texas. I appreciate your comment and would be delighted for you to link to Potpourri Friday (in progress). I have just become a follower!

Just A Girl said...

Hello Becky, it was good to find your email/comment this morning. Please don't feel bad at all...I too have lost that rhythm and am trying desperately to find it again. You are such a doll and I miss you lots, but life is to be lived in the real world first.

Much love to you,
cori

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness it all looks just gorgeous!! I want to visit soon!

toves sammensurium said...

Well,I can only thank you for a Wonderful tour,that convinced me that I Definetely absolutely withouth doubt for sure must go there once!!!You ' ve taken the most Wonderful pictures,I am so dreaming right now.:)
Thanks!
Tove

Unknown said...

Wow...that looks like a neat little place to visit! Thanks for sharing.I am having a giveaway on my blog and would love to see you enter!
Daisy~

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lucky you!! I had no idea that RA had a store in RT!! What a lovely store..all pretty with that gorgeous RA style.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

xo
Becky

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :)
Nickelodeon Dance